The Tendo Shawl is a nice project for advanced beginners to learn or practice short rows. For good knitters, the pattern is still challenging enough as a project for travel and relaxed knitting. The color changes keep knitting interesting and the short rows at the end makes the shawl knit up quickly.
- Width approx. 220 cm / 86½".
- Length approx. 48 cm / 19".
- 100 grams of Ito Kinu. Shown in #395 Grass.
- 50 grams of Ito Kinu. Shown in #390 Blueberry.
- 40 grams each of 4 colors of Ito Sensai. Shown in #306 Lemon, #337 Lime and #339 Lilac.
- Color 1 One strand each of Kinu #395 Grass and Sensai #306 Lemon held together.
- Color 2 One strand each of Kinu #395 Grass and Sensai #337 Lime held together.
- Color 3 One strand each of Kinu #390 Blueberry and Sensai #339 Lilac held together.
Other Color Options
- To work the shawl in a single color only, you will need 100 grams of Kinu and 80 grams of Sensai.
- To work the shawl in a base color of Kinu and changing colors of Sensai, you will need 100 grams of Kinu in one color and 40 grams each of 3 Sensai colors.
- To work the shawl in a base color of Sensai and changing colors of Kinu, you will need 80 grams of one Sensai color and 50 grams each of 3 Kinu colors.
- 120 or 150 cm circular 3.25 mm / 47" or 60" circular US 3.
22 sts and 40 rows = 10 cm / 4" in garter st